Students should plan to discuss cross-registration needs during Course Advisement for the following semester. Students should also discuss alternate courses with their advisor in the event the requested USA course is not available for registration.
- Consult with your advisor to determine the need to take a cross-registration course based on the course(s) not being offered at SHC in the same semester and its impact on timely graduation.
- Review USA’s Course Schedule to review course offerings and descriptions, course fees, etc.
- Complete the SHC Cross-Registration form and submit it to the SHC Registrar’s Office.
- Complete the USA Cross-Registration form and submit it to the SHC Registrar’s Office.
- Receive follow-up communication from USA with required information to register (i.e. access to online registration system).
- Abide by all USA’s policies and schedules regarding grades, exam dates, absences, and add/drop/withdrawal deadlines. To withdraw/drop from a course, both SHC and the USA’s withdrawal procedures must be followed. Changes in registration must be approved by SHC’s Registrar’s Office and USA Registrar’s Office.
- Upon completion of the course, USA will send final grades to SHC. Students who receive a grade of Incomplete at USA should recognize that the time limit for removal of a grade of Incomplete must not exceed SHC’s deadline for removal of a grade of incomplete.
Contact the Registrar's Office, or your Advisor, with specific questions about your eligibility to participate in the cross-registration program.