The SHC/USA cross-registration program is only available during the fall and spring semesters. SHC students may register for summer courses at SHC as Transient Study, and current USA tuition will be assessed.
Here are the guidelines for the cross-registration program:
- USA will not charge tuition for cross-registered courses. However, USA may require cross-registering students to pay special fees (such as lab fees or parking fees) or security deposits.
- University of South Alabama policies for cross-registration.
- USA students have priority for all courses. SHC students will cross-register for USA courses on a space-available basis after USA students have an opportunity to enroll in those courses.
- SHC students will not be permitted to cross-register for USA courses in the College of Nursing, School of Computing, Pat Capps Covey College of Allied Health Professions, or the College of Education Teacher Certification Programs.
- While enrolled in cross-registered courses at USA, SHC students are subject to the regulations and academic policies of USA. These include, but are not limited to, regulations and policies for parking, library use, use of information technology, attendance, and academic integrity.
- SHC students must meet USA’s immunization and health requirements.
- For cross-registration, the requested University of South Alabama (USA) course must be
- A course that meets a Spring Hill College (SHC) requirement for your degree, major, or concentration;
- A course for which you meet the prerequisites as defined by USA;
- A course that is approved by your academic advisor and by the appropriate academic chairperson; and
- A course that is not available for you to take at SHC during the same semester as the requested USA course.
- You must have earned at least 30 semester hours of credit with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better and be in good academic standing.
- You must be a full-time, matriculated undergraduate student to request to cross-register for a course during a Fall or Spring semester.
- Cross-registration at USA is limited to six (6) credit hours per semester.
Courses completed through the SHC/USA cross-registration agreement earn SHC credit. All grades and credits earned through cross-registration are recorded on your SHC transcript as SHC courses, are counted for financial aid purposes, and are included in the calculation of your SHC grade point average.