Skip To Content

You are here:  Admissions > Military > Undergraduate Programs

Undergraduate Admission Requirements for Veterans

Bachelor's degree & undergraduate certificate admissions requirements for veterans
Spring Hill College’s bachelor degree programs are open for admission to any individual who has met the admission requirements for the specific program of interest. We are pleased to be able to offer “rolling admissions” for all programs. This means that admissions are accepted for each term, rather than at the beginning of a school year, giving students the flexibility to be admitted year-round. Below are general guidelines for undergraduate admission.

Bachelor’s Degrees & Undergraduate Certificates
Applicants with fewer than 20 semester-hour credits from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning must have earned a high school diploma with a minimum 2.0 GPA or General Education Diploma (GED) with an average of not less than 450 on the test battery and 410 on area tests.
Applicants with 20 or more semester credits from a regionally accredited institution of higher education must be in good standing or eligible to return to the last institution of higher education. Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended are required; high school transcripts or the GED for students with fewer than 20 semester-hour credits of college level credits.
All applications are evaluated on an individual basis by our faculty and staff. Spring Hill College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, disability, nationality or ethnic origin.

Undergraduate tuition and financial aid info for veterans
A Spring Hill Degree is Affordable
Spring Hill College is proud to be able to offer veterans and service members special tuition rates. Depending on which type of veterans benefits you will be utilizing, the cost of tuition and fees at Spring Hill maybe covered at 100%. And even if you don't qualify for full coverage, our programs are offered at tuition rates that are extremely competitive with other area private institutions.

Financial Aid
All students can apply for financial assistance by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), in addition to receiving your GI Bill benefits. The application can be found on the web at Financial aid counselors are also available to answer questions about the application, determining appropriate resources and amount of funds that will be needed.
Below are links to information regarding the most commonly used types of financial aid:
Contact us today to discuss your needs and schedule a campus visit; (251) 380-3030 or
Earn credit for your experience
Accelerate earning your degree by getting credit for what you already know and what you've already done. It may take you much less time than you anticipated to earn a degree at Spring Hill College. You may earn credit for your military training or work experience, previous coursework, and by taking CLEP (College Level Examination Program) or DSST (formerly DANTES) exams. Spring Hill College follows the general principles of good practice outlined in the Joint Statement on the Transfer and Award of Credit and follows the guidelines set forth by the American Council on Education.
Credit for military training and length of service
Spring Hill recognizes and applies American Council on Education guidelines in providing credit earned for courses and training completed while in military service. Credit is also awarded for length of military service. Service of at least one year and less than two years will be awarded two semester hours of credit, the equivalent of the freshman-level military science credit. Service of two years or more will be awarded four semester hours of credit, the equivalent of the freshman-and sophomore-level military science credit.
Credit can be given for appropriate formal non-collegiate educational training at the discretion of the College using the recommendations of the American Council on Education as set forth in its National Guide to Credit Recommendations for Non-Collegiate Learning.
Credit for previous college-level coursework including SMART, AARTS and CCAF (transfer credit)
Up to ninety-six semester hours can be transferred for course work completed at four-year colleges or universities. Transfer credit from an accredited junior or community college is limited to a maximum of sixty-four semester hours. The College reserves the right to accept or reject as direct transfer credit those courses taken at a junior or community college that are upper-division courses at Spring Hill, although such course work may be considered for general elective credit.
Regardless of the amount of credit transferred to Spring Hill College from other institutions, at least 25 percent of the coursework applied toward meeting the minimum graduation requirement must be taken at Spring Hill College.
Credit by exam: CLEP or DSST (formerly DANTES)
Up to thirty semester hours (may vary by program or degree) can be earned through College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or DSST (formerly DANTES).
Prior Learning Assessment Portfolio
After completing twelve semester hours of coursework at Spring Hill, a student may submit a portfolio which documents college-level learning acquired through life experience. A student can receive up to thirty semester hours of credit for prior experiential learning.